EXTENDED FAMILY BENEFITS:
To determine the type of care you or a loved one needs when aging, health care and insurance providers will assess the ability to function independently. To do this, a set of criteria called “activities of daily living” (ADLs) is used. These activities cover a patient’s ability to perform basic daily tasks such as eating and dressing.
Benefits that cover the costs of a funeral up to 8 extended family members (parents, parents in law, uncles, aunts etc.) who are covered on a Comprehensive Funeral Plan policy.
Benefits start from as little as R27.
VALUE ADDED BENEFITS
- Repatriation Services:
- The repatriation of mortal remains of a Life Assured to the funeral home of the eligible persons’ choice.
- Legal Assistance:
- A 24-hour telephonic legal advice line, a standard document service and a direct legal consultation service.
- Ambulance Services:
- Immediate response is dispatched to the scene of a medical emergency to an eligible person.
- HIV and Trauma Services:
- This is a 24-hour emergency assistance helpline, which will arrange for the necessary help an eligible person may require in a situation where assault, accident exposure to HIV or any other trauma occurs.
- Discounted Food Vouchers:
- A unique benefit that brings about a saving on your monthly grocery purchases. Each member can save up t0 R1250 per month on selected items
- Discounted Bus Tickets:
- Members receive 10% discount on Intercape bus tickets to and from any destination in South Africa.
- Roadside Assistance Benefits